Slovaks have always lived together with nature, and respected the customs and traditions of their ancestors. Many customs and traditions have survived. Our culture is inherently connected with traditional Slovak cuisine. You will taste typical Slovak “bryndzové halušky” with us. During your stay, tables will be full of traditional food, snacks, desserts and bread. We will wash all that down with first-rate Slovak beer, wine, and we’ll even taste spirits. We cooperate with the best internationally-awarded drink producers. You will “taste” Slovakia with us. Ever eaten cake in a 19th century synagogue? Ever tasted goose? Ever tasted fruit distillates? Then the Via Gourmand programme is made just for you…
Quality food and drinks combined with trips and exploration of our country. We will visit the royal city of Trnava, the wine town of Pezinok, museum of viniculture, Bratislava centre, and walk the Danube waterfront. Look forward to relaxing in healing water at wellness centre.
Our list also includes guided tastings of wine and distillates with a presentation and guided tour of the premises.
You will see traditional ceramic making in Modra, its process and history – from clay to the end product. See how a potter’s wheel works and try it yourself. We’ll also unlock the “secrets” of glazing and decorating.
This programme can be combined with other programmes of the Viatory travel agency. Contact us and we will find the best solution for you…
VIA Gourmand programme includes:
- Guided tour of Bratislava
- 1x hot drink and dessert (coffee, coffee with milk, cappuccino or tea)
- 1x hot drink and dessert (coffee, coffee with milk, cappuccino or tea) and local “finger food”
- First dinner – traditional Slovak foods (buffet-style) and Slovak beers (3x3 dl)
- Walk the Danube waterfront
- Guided tour of Pezinok and the Malokarpatské múzeum
- Visit Majolika workshop + lunch
- Second dinner – goose feast
- Guided tasting of wines with presentation and guided tour of Karpatská perla winery
- Guided tour of historic royal city of Trnava (Old Town, Trinity square, town fortification, St. John the Baptist Cathedral, Jewish synagogue, etc.)
- visit Podhájska (healing thermal water, wellness centre, ca. 3 hours)
- visit Fruit Distillery in Marcelová, guided tasting with presentation and guided tour
- Third dinner – traditional Slovak food (buffet-style)
- Printed schedule
- Viatory guide
- Transport by driven car
- Welcome drink
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
Programme includes only items stated above.
Once the order is received, we will send you a confirmation of your booking with accurate information.
Keep in mind that the city tour is on foot. /Difficulty level: Medium
We work in any weather, think of suitable and comfortable clothes.
If you have any inquiries and questions, do not hesitate to contact us (by mail, by phone, via the contact form on our site).
The programme also includes tasting of wine and alcohol. The minimum drinking age is 18 years.
If there is not a sufficient number of people in a group (at least 6–10), the trip may be cancelled. In this case, we will send full refund to your account.