VIA MAJOLICA – R
Traditional Slovak Pezinok ceramics
Location: Pezinok (approximately 25 km from Bratislava to Pezinok)
Duration: about 2 hours (+ transport by driven car from/to Bratislava)
Meeting point: according to agreement
Availability: all year round
In the VIA Majolica programme, we will familiarise you with the manufacturing of traditional Modra ceramics, including the entire process and history, as we lead you through the manufacturing process from clay to the final product. We will show you how to work on the potter’s wheel, which you will be able to try out immediately afterwards. And, of course, you will get a sneak peak into the “mysteries” of the paint-room with a demonstration of glazing and painting.
Follow us into the workshop and…
- we will welcome you in typical Slovak folk costumes from our region
- we will explain to you the whole pottery process and history in detail
- we will lead you through the manufacturing process from clay to the final product
- we will show you how to work on the potter’s wheel, which you will be able to try out immediately afterwards
- you will get a sneak peak into the “mysteries” of the paint-room with a demonstration of glazing and painting
In the shop, you can subsequently purchase a variety of traditional products (both cash and card payments are accepted).
The guided tour always takes place in a pleasant and relaxed atmosphere. Our goal is for our clients to feel good and to create a nice memory to take home. The duration of the guided tour is approximately 1 hour to 1.5 hours. The production area is 350 m2.
Included in the programme:
- Guided tour of the manufacturing area with a detailed exposition
- Creative workshops and a jug manufacturing demonstration
- Work on the potter’s wheel with professional help (2 kg of clay per person)
- Retouching, mould filling, moulding with professional help
- Paint-room, glazing, painting with professional help and a semi-finished product for painting
- 1 x non-alcoholic beverage – 2 dl juice or 1 x 1.5 dl wine of choice /white, red, rosé/
- 1 x 3 dl mineral water
- One crackling scone
- Viatory guide
- Car transport with a driver
Once the order is received, we will send you a confirmation of your booking with accurate information.
If you have any inquiries and questions, do not hesitate to contact us (by mail, by phone, via the contact form on our site).
The programme also includes tasting of wine. The minimum drinking age is 18 years.
If there is not a sufficient number of people in a group (at least 4), the trip may be cancelled. In this case, we will send full refund to your account.